TANA “SCRATCH & SAVE” CONTEST
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest, a person must: (a) be a legal resident of Canada; (b) be located in Canada; and (c) have reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors (including members of their immediate families and any other person living in the same household of such person whether related or not) of S.C. Johnson and Son, Limited ("Sponsor"), Le Groupe Nero Bianco, Steve Madden Ltd., Chaussures 22 Inc., Newport Shoes Inc., their affiliates (including, without limitation, parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies), the independent contest organization, advertising or promotional agencies, and suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest are not eligible to enter the Contest. For these Official Rules, "immediate family" means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter or spouse, including common law spouse, regardless of where they reside. The decisions of Sponsor and/or the independent contest organization are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate. Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any participant, should such participant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest starts when each participating store opens for business on November 4, 2013 and closes when each participating store closes for business on January 4, 2014 or when all Scratch Cards have been distributed, whichever occurs first (the “Contest Period”). Instant Win Prizes must be claimed by participating store closing time on January 4, 2014. Any unclaimed Instant Win Prizes as of 12:00:00 AM (ET) on January 5, 2014 will not be awarded. Limit one (1) Scratch Card per person, per day, while supplies last.
- PARTICIPATING TANA PRODUCTS: Participating Tana® products are: Tana Suede & Nubuck Protector (aerosol) 120g; Tana Suede & Nubuck Protector (non-aerosol) 228ml; Tana All Protector – Universal (aerosol) 160; Tana All Protector Bonus – Universal (aerosol) 224g; Tana Style 16 Protector (aerosol) 300g; Tana Oiled Leather Protector (aerosol) 160g. Participating Products are available while supplies last and may not be available in all participating stores subject to store listings.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Visit any participating Canadian Nero Bianco shoe store; Club Chaussures shoe store; Luigi shoe store; Perfecto shoe store; Steve Madden shoe store; Newport shoe store; and Chaussures 22 shoe store (see Rule 17 for full listing of participating stores) that are displaying promotional signage during the Contest Period and with the purchase of a Tana® participating product as listed in Rule 3 above and a pair of shoes (combined purchase must have a total retail value of $50 or more (before taxes)) you will receive from the cashier one (1) Scratch Card, while supplies last. Upon receipt, the Scratch Card must be immediately scratched in front of the store cashier to reveal which eligible Instant Win Prize Message you have received: (i) “Sorry, please try again”; (ii) “Congratulations $10.00 dollars OFF today’s purchase”; (iii) “Congratulations $20.00 dollars OFF today’s purchase” or (iv) “Congratulations $50.00 dollars OFF today’s purchase” (See Rule 6 for Instant Win Prize details and see Rule 7 for how to claim your Instant Win Prize). Pre-scratched cards or cards with the field scratched will be considered void and cannot be redeemed. Scratch cards are good for one time use only, must be surrendered at time of purchase.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: To request a no-purchase randomly selected Scratch Card without purchase while supplies last and/or to receive full Contest Rules, send a self-addressed, postage paid envelope to: Tana Promotion No Purchase Request, P.O. Box 146, Dept. 500, Oakville, ON L6J 0A3. Requests must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on December 6, 2013. A limit of one (1) Scratch Card per request, while supplies last. Each request must be mailed in a separate envelope, bearing sufficient prepaid postage. Full Contest Rules are also available at www.tana.com.
- INSTANT WIN PRIZES: As of November 4, 2013 approximately 23,800 Scratch Cards are available, while supplies last across all participating stores. Total approximate retail value of all prizes is $91,800 CDN. As Instant Win Prizes are redeemed, the number of Instant Win Prizes available will be reduced accordingly.
Prize Description Total number of Prizes available Approx. Retail Value Odds of receiving an Instant Win Prize $50.00 CDN OFF today’s purchase 680 $50.00 CDN each 1 in 35 $20.00 CDN OFF today’s purchase 1 700 $20.00 CDN each 1 in 14 $10.00 CDN OFF today’s purchase 2 380 $10.00 CDN each 1 in 10 Sorry, please try again 19 040 N/A 1 in 1
The Scratch discount is valid against the entire purchase (before taxes) and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Limit of one (1) Instant Win Prize redemption per purchase.
- HOW TO CLAIM AN INSTANT WIN PRIZE: Complete the back side of the Scratch Card with your full name, city, province, postal code and correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question without any mechanical assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Hand back your completed Scratch Card to the cashier who will first verify that the prize claimant has correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question and if correct he/she will deduct the amount from your purchase. In the event that a prize claimant incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, he/she will be disqualified and will not be eligible to claim his/her Instant Win Prize. All redeemed Scratch Cards become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Scratch Cards will be void if not obtained through legitimate channels, or if a Scratch Card is not original, is illegible, or has been altered, forged, defaced, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- ACCEPTANCE OF AN INSTANT WIN PRIZE: By accepting an Instant Win Prize, each participant confirms compliance with the Official Rules, agrees to accept the Instant Win Prize as awarded, without substitution, acknowledges that the Instant Win Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash or credit; releases the Sponsor, Le Groupe Nero Bianco, Steve Madden Ltd., Chaussures 22 Inc., Newport Shoes Inc., and their respective affiliates and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, franchisees and agents (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the Instant Win Prize, and consent to the use of his/her name, address (city and province), and/or photographs, without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest unless prohibited by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Releasees do not assume any responsibility and each participant releases the Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the participant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the administration of the Contest and the arranging, awarding and use of the Prizes. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, participants agree: (i) to read and abide by these Official Rules including, without limitation, all eligibility requirements, and (ii) to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor and/or the independent contest organization, made in their sole and absolute discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of a Prize. Participants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- RULES GOVERN: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including, but not limited to, the Contest entry form, the English Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- GENERAL: Instant Win Prizes will stop being awarded in the event either the Sponsor or the independent contest organization becomes aware of an error respecting the number of Instant Win Prizes. If due to a printing or other type of error, more Instant Win Prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to Rule #6, the Sponsor and the independent contest organization will stop awarding the Instant Win Prizes and there will be a random draw on January 16, 2014 at 10:00 am (ET) in Oakville, ON among all eligible Instant Win Prize participants whose claims have not yet been redeemed, to award the remaining number of advertised Instant Win Prizes. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the number of Instant Win Prizes stated in Rule 6.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with Instant Win prize claimants and winners. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux to terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering, Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw subject to Rule 12 above.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person it finds to be (i) violating these Official Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (iv) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or the Sponsor’s representatives. If the Sponsor suspects that any person has engaged in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, the person will be disqualified.
- FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
PARTICIPATING STORES:Steve Madden
1340, rue Ste-Catherine Ouest
Carrefour Laval, 3035, boul. Le Carrefour
Centre Eaton de Montréal, 705, rue SteCatherine Ouest
Square One Shopping Centre, 100 City Centre Drive
Fairview Mall, 1800 Sheppard Ave. East Toronto, ON
Chinook Centre, 6455 Macleod Trail SW
Metrotown Shopping Centre, 4820 Kingsway
Richmond Centre, 6551 No.3 road
Toronto Eaton Centre, 220 Yonge Street
West Edmonton Mall, 8882 170 Street
Scarborough Town Centre, 300 Borough Drive
Les Promenades St-Bruno, 1, boul. des Promenades
Polo Park Shopping Centre 66Q – 1485 Portage Ave.
Market Mall, 3625 Shaganappi Trail NW
Magasin Adresse Ville, province
Nero Bianco Place de Ville, 770, boul. Laure N°480
Nero Bianco Centre Comm. Manicouagan
600, boul. Laflèche N°260
Carrefour Richelieu, 600, rue Pierre Caisse N°630
Place Laurier, 2700, boul. Laurier N°0520
Place Le Chaînon, 466, 3e Rue N°175
Galeries Rive Nord, 100, boul. Brien, N°007
Galeries Jonquière, 3460, boul. St François N°12A
Galeries St-Hyacinthe 3200, boul. Laframboise, N°1663
Mail Montenach, 600, boul. Laurier N°E28
Grande Place des Bois-Francs, 1111, boul. Jutras Est N°19
Carrefour Rimouski, 419, boul. Jessop N°11
Place du Royaume, 1401, boul. Talbot N°L-18
1054, rue St Jean
Promenades boul. Wallberg, 1300, boul. Wallberg
Carrefour Charlesbourg, 8500, boul. Henri-Bourassa
Carrefour Beauport, 3333, rue du Carrefour N°50
La Plaza de la Mauricie, 1, Plaza de la Mauricie
Vieux Québec, 40 cote de la Fabrique
Carrefour Alma, 705, av. Dupont Nord N°160
Place du Saguenay, 1324, boul. Talbot N°470
Galeries de la Pocatière, 161, Rte 230 Ouest N°450
La Pocatière, QC
Promenades St Bruno, 1 boul. des Promenades, B-016
St. Bruno, QC
Place Sainte-Foy, 2450, boul. Laurier, N°G02
Centre Comm. Rivière du Loup, 298, boul. Armand-Thériault
383-B rue Arthur-Buies Est
Magasin Adresse Ville, provinceClub Vanier
550, rue Marais N°100
84, Rte du Président-Kennedy
1545, boul. Talbot
Club St Romuald
Méga Centre de la Rive-Sud, 625 rue de la Concorde
St Romuald, QC
1111, boul. Jutras Est
Club St Eustache
610, Arthur-Sauvé Ouest
St Eustache, QC
Galerie Lac-St-Jean, 1055, av. du Pont Sud
3460, boul. St François
Club St Jérôme
1095, boul. Jean-Baptiste Rolland
St Jérôme, QC
Club Fleur De Lys
Place Fleur de Lys, 552, boul. Wilfrid Hamel
Galeries St-Hyacinthe, 3200, boul. Laframboise
1161, boul. Marcotte
Méga Centre St-Bruno ,1041, boul. St-Bruno
131, Montée Masson
6400, boul. Taschereau
1470, des Érables
480, boul. Laure
Magasin Adresse Ville, provinceEntrepôt Luigi
Galeries Charlesbourg, 4250, 1re avenue
Vieux Québec, 1148, rue St-Jean
Perfecto Carrefour Beauport, 3333, rue du Carrefour
Carrefour Rimouski, 419, boul. Jessop
973, boulevard Labelle
4585, Ch. Chambly
St Hubert, QC
580, boul. Roland-Therrien
3050, boul. de Portland
370, Principale Ouest
40, rue Évangéline
2700, rue King Ouest