1. Information that SC Johnson Collects and how it is UsedSC Johnson gathers, retains, and utilizes information about you to operate our business and to make our products, information, and opportunities available to you. We will not collect personally identifiable information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and product purchase information) unless you have provided it to us voluntarily. We shall only use the information for purposes for which it was collected, which may include sending you information about our company and our products, better tailoring our communications to your needs and helping better understand the demographics of our audience.
Here are the specific ways we obtain information about you, the types of information we obtain, and how we use that information.
Contests. When you enter an SC Johnson contest, you provide us with contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, as well as with other information required to administer the contest. We also may ask you to provide us with information such as your recent SC Johnson purchases. We will use such information to learn about your kitchen, cleaning and storage product preferences and needs and to provide you with information about our company and our products. You may choose not to provide us with this additional information or not to receive information about our company or our products.
Customer Service. If you contact one of our customer service representatives, we may ask you for information such as your name, address and email address so we can respond to your questions or concerns. With your consent, we may retain this information to personalize your experience with us and better assist you the next time you contact us.
E-Newsletters. When you subscribe to an SC Johnson e-newsletter, such as Right@Home™, you provide us with contact information, such as your name, address, phone number and email address, so we may fulfill your request. We also may ask you to provide us with information about products that interest you and other lifestyle information. We will use such information to learn about your needs and preferences and to provide you with information about our products, services and promotions.
Other information you provide to us. Through surveys, you may provide us with information such as product preferences, reasons for purchasing a product and family and lifestyle information to help us learn more about your needs and shopping preferences. In addition, you may give us such information if you register for or redeem SC Johnson special offers, discount coupons or other promotions. We may also use this information to communicate with you respecting products that may be of interest to you.
Aggregate Data. When we collect personal data over the internet, we may combine some information with other information, such as website clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level to help us understand trends and patterns. None of this information is reviewed at an individual level and does not identify you, and is therefore not considered personal information. If you do not want your information used in this manner, simply do not enter any personal information on our website.
We retain your information as long as it is required for the purposes identified when you provided the information or for any new purposes identified by us and consented to by you, and for an appropriate time thereafter including a sufficient time following to permit you to ask any questions regarding its use. Certain information is retained for longer periods for our internal audit and quality control purposes.
You may review and revise, correct or update any of the information that we have on file about you and you may also learn how we have used it and to whom we have disclosed it. If you wish to review or update your information or preferences, you may do so by contacting us using one of the options provided below or by sending us an email from the "Contact Us" page from www.scjohnson.ca
2. Visitor TrackingWe sometimes collect anonymous information on our website through the use of various technologies, possibly including one called "cookies," to help us provide better customer service. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on SC Johnson websites, but we do so in ways that keep the information anonymous. This anonymous information is sometimes referred to as "clickstream data." SC Johnson or its analytic vendors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics and to help us provide better customer service.
Cookies are small files that a website installs on your hard drive. Cookies enable our web server to recognize your computer. This allows a company to tailor its websites to better match your interests and preferences. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after its website.
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to block cookies altogether. However, if you do so, your ability to use our website may be impaired. Most browsers also allow you to erase cookies already stored.
3. Sharing your Personal InformationWe do not give or sell your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated organizations for their independent use without your consent. We may share your information with agents and/or contractors of SC Johnson in connection with services they perform for us. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We also may disclose information about you as required by law.
4. Indicating your Privacy PreferencesIf SC Johnson requests your personal information, we will tell you why we are collecting it and seek your consent. Sometimes you will be asked to give your consent expressly (such as by checking a box or clicking on a web page). Other times we may obtain your consent implicitly by asking you to provide information with stated purposes but without any express statement of consent (such as when you enter a contest or subscribe to a newsletter). In other cases, your consent may be implied, such as when you respond to a survey and it is understood that we will use the information to learn more about your needs and preferences, or your satisfaction as a customer so as to improve our products and services. In those cases your consent will be understood if you provide us with the requested information. You can choose not to provide us with your personal information or decline your consent to our use or disclosure of your information for purposes other than the service you have requested.
We will seek your further consent to any additional uses for which we have not obtained your consent previously.
5. Reviewing, Updating or Deleting your Personal Information and PreferencesYou may at any time withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure of your information or request us to delete information from our files, subject to legal and contractual restrictions and requirements related to any transaction.
If you have subscribed to an electronic newsletter, such as Right@Home™, you can unsubscribe at any time by replying to one of the newsletters and typing "unsubscribe" in the subject line. The newsletters also have a link to a user profile page that allows you to unsubscribe. This link is at the bottom of the newsletter and is labeled "Unsubscribe".
6. SecuritySC Johnson is committed to protecting your personally identifiable information. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of the personal information in our possession. We provide appropriate security controls to protect personal information we have about you against foreseeable hazards. To protect the security of your credit card information, we do not collect credit card information on our website.
Email that you send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send your Social Insurance or credit card numbers to us through an unsecured email.
7. ChildrenSC Johnson has no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). This website is not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13) and there is no reason to suspect that our website is designed in a manner that would attract such children. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not provide personal information of any kind whatsoever. If a child provides us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have this information deleted from our records.
8. LinksThe SC Johnson websites contain links to other websites. SC Johnson is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
10. Contact UsIf you wish to review or update your personal information, or if you have any questions or concerns about SC Johnson's privacy practices or about your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer: Shawn MacLeod
by email at: SBMacLeo@scj.com
by calling us at: 1-800-267-7259
or by writing us at:
S. C. Johnson and Son, Limited
Attention: Shawn MacLeod, Privacy Officer
1 Webster Street
We will respond to your inquiry or concern as quickly as possible.
Thank you for visiting us. We value your patronage.
DATED: 4 February, 2009